- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Beaver Brand Jalapeño Mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the smoker, grill, or oven to 225 degrees.
- Rub ribs generously with Beaver Brand Jalapeño Mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the “spritz” ingredients and set aside.
- Cook the ribs directly on the smoker or grill or in a roasting pan in the oven for 3 hours. After the first hour, spritz with the apple juice/cider vinegar mixture every 30 minutes.
- After 3 hours, remove the ribs and double wrap tightly in foil with slices of butter. Continue to cook at 225 degrees with meat-side down for an additional 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine all BBQ sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until smooth and simmering – whisking occasionally. The sauce should be thick.
- Remove the ribs from the foil and coat with a generous amount of BBQ sauce. Finish by cooking for an additional 1 hour at 225 degrees before removing the ribs and allowing them to rest before serving.