Join Our Team
Job Description: Assistant Mixer
Reports to: Mixing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting directly to the Mixing Supervisor, this role assists Beaverton Foods Mixers with the manufacture of finished products in accordance with company and FDA, USDA, ODA standards, safety regulations, and quality control measures, in an effort to complete the scheduled production on a daily basis. An ideal candidate will have a great attitude and work ethic with an interest in growing within their role. This position offers growth and career opportunities. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the duties below.
Essential Job Functions:
The information provided below encompasses the functions and capabilities linked with this position.
- This position is responsible to support all HACCP, Food Safety, Food Fraud, Food Defense programs and regulations by completing all Lot Tracking, Critical Control Point, and Sanitation requirements.
- Reviews daily production schedule with assigned mixer and line operator.
- Works closely with assigned mixer to stage ingredients for efficient mixing operation. Assists with Mixing process as needed.
- Stages ingredients according to written formulas near appropriate mixing apparatus. Follows Mixer instructions for each particular formula in accordance with written specifications, quality assurance guidelines, and safety procedures.
- Ensures products are manufactured using Good Manufacturing Practices and that Allergen and HACCP principles are utilized.
- Assists the Mixer to test the pH of each batch of product and records the results. Informs quality assurance if pH is out of specification.
- Notifies quality Assurance Manager or Mixing supervisor of substandard raw ingredients or inconsistencies of products in process.
- Understands documented procedures for Lot Tracking and coordinates efforts with Inventory Control or Warehouse personnel.
- Assists with lockout procedures and disassembling the mixing apparatus, including pumps and grinders, in order to carry out sanitation procedures.
- Cleans and disinfects mixing utensils, tools, buckets, bins, and general work areas. Completes required production paperwork.
- Notifies mixing supervisor when raw ingredients or supplies are low or missing.
- Assist with Horseradish root sorting/washing as necessary.
- Learn basics of the Mixer position; acts as an ‘apprentice’
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of GMPs and Allergen programs, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Defense, Quality Assurance, Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation, Lock-Out/Tag-Out, Forklift & Aerial Lift programs, Sanitation programs, and all other relevant safety procedures. Participates in plant sanitation projects, mandatory training, and overtime work.
- Aerial Lift programs, Sanitation programs, and all other relevant safety procedures. Participates in plant sanitation projects, mandatory training, and overtime work.
- This position also supports our Gluten Free, QAI Organic, and Kosher Programs.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by this employee’s supervisor.
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six months experience in food processing or food handling.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, and written formulas and safety procedures. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American weight measurement and volume. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to attend classes in English and acquire microbiology certificate
- Current driver’s license is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move over 50 pounds with help. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and extreme cold in the cooler.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All full-time employees are available for company-sponsored benefits on the first day of the month following 60 days of employment. Beaverton Foods is proud to offer employees 100% Employer Paid Dental and Medical, Insurance; any additional dependents may be added with cost to the employee. The company also provides an Employee Assistance Program, PTO, Life Insurance, and 401(k) options. Voluntary Vision insurance and voluntary FSA accounts are available to all full-time employees. Please see HR with any benefits questions.
Beaverton Foods Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for these positions, please email Zach Anderson: [email protected]
- Include the position you’re applying for as the subject line of your email
- Attach a resume (no need for a cover letter)
- Provide the best way to contact you and your availability to start work
For any other questions about the hiring process, call or email the Human Resource Department: